Thursday, September 11, 2008

9/11 -- Always Remember

Where were you on this day seven years ago? I think all Americans can tell you with vivid clarity exactly where they were, and the cascade of emotions they went through as the events unfolded.

I was working at a wonderful R&D company in Hanover, NH. As lab manager, I was making my normal morning rounds, and peered into the electronics lab to see our HVAC contractor standing on a chair adjusting a speaker as the e-techs huddled around. I walked in to see what the fuss was about, and learned of the first attack on the World Trade Center.

I'll admit that things since then have been a mixture of good and bad. Some policies have worked, others haven't, but I believe in America. My family has been in this great country since before the Revolution, and we celebrate generations of veterans, my wife and I included. I know that over time, we'll evaluate our actions (sometimes reluctantly), we'll air our dirty laundry for all the world to see (and criticize), and we'll move forward as the great nation we are.

Don't forget how you felt that day. Always remember!

No comments: