Thursday, September 4, 2008

Sarah Palin and China

Whichever way you lean politically, I think you have to acknowledge that Sarah Palin gave a fantastic performance yesterday evening. I, personally, am impressed. I know the speech was very conservative, and likely had most liberals knotting their fists and cursing, while most conservatives were yelling like they were at the Super Bowl. Love her or hate her, she definitely did what she needed to. (On another personal note, I'll trade my governor for either Gov. Palin or Hawaii's Linda Lingle.)

I visited the Alaska government web site at http://gov.state.ak.us/ to see what I could find about Gov. Palin and China. I found this piece describing the growth of Alaska's exports to China, mostly seafood, minerals, and forest products. In any event, she does have some experience dealing with China, and I look forward to learning more about her position on international trade.

No comments: