Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Hong Kong Democracy

I admit, I don't know as much about Hong Kong as I should. I've visited several times, and have been fascinated by the energy and diversity of people. I've wondered how the transition to Chinese control has effected the people, and have had several conversations with Hong Kong residents. I've also talked to several people who relocated to Canada prior to the Chinese takeover. As with all things Chinese, I guess we'll just have to wait and watch as things develop. The world has never seen a development of this magnitude, nor a time in modern history when the existing power structure has shifted so dramatically. In short, it's going to be interesting.

I came across this piece in the WSJ today about democracy in Hong Kong. I hope you find it interesting.

No comments: